You’ve Now Had Experience As Rep. Here is The Theory!
The Course Is “Empowering”, “Best Ever” & “Learnt so much” Say Those Who have Done It
Official NEU Reps Foundation Course
Wed 28th June 9:00 – 16:00
Thurs 6th July 9:00 – 16:00
Fri 14th July 9:00 – 16:00
Ealing Cricket Club Corfton Rd, W5 2HS
Free parking available on site. 7 min walk from Ealing Broadway Tube & Bus Station
West London Reps Training
Great news – we are putting on our very popular national NEU Foundation Representative 3-day course here in Ealing for all West London Reps. It will be a good opportunity to not only take part in the training but also network and get to know your fellow Reps.
As trade union representative you should be entitled to time off for training, with pay, in order to fulfil your role as a workplace representative, as per the ACAS code of practice.
Reps say how “brilliant it is”.
Book now don’t delay.
NEU Foundation Representative Training is a 3-day course designed for all NEU Rep who are either new to the role or have been a Rep a while but haven’t been on the 3 day course yet. You will receive official accreditation on completing all three days
As the NEU Representative, you are members’ first point of contact with the Union. This essential course supports you in your role, provides practical guidance and support for you and it is a key learning tool. It is developed specifically to reflect the changing educational landscape in which you will be operating as the workplace rep.
This course will enable you to:
• Know your rights and the support available to you as a representative;
• Extend your knowledge and understanding of the Union and where you fit in;
• Develop your skills and confidence to carry out your role effectively;
• Equip you with strategies to involve members and grow the Union;
• Represent members individually and collectively;
• Build your confidence in your relationship with school management;
• Explore current issues, including the NEU’s vision for education;
• Build campaigns in your workplace and your community;
How Do I Get On the Course?
1. Contact Stefan Simms 07817643546 email@example.com
2. Give this NEU Reps Foundation Training Release letter June 2023 to your Headteacher
3. Submit the normal workplace leave of absence procedures/forms for training
Any difficulties or delays please contact Stefan Simms