1. Pass The West London NEU Motion In Your School.
2. Please Sign The Open Letter To Sadiq Khan Mayor of London And All London Councils.
3. Put Your Views And Questions To Sadiq Khan Tues 10th Nov 5:30 pm NEU London Meeting.
4. The DfE advise ‘Clinically Extremely Vulnerable’ Staff To Work From Home. Plus Pregnant Women In 3rd Trimester.
1. Please Pass The West London NEU Motion In Your School
This motion is designed to support all at risk staff not just CEV staff and ensure that our classrooms are well ventilated. A similar motion was passed at a very well attend Ealing wide union meeting. Further, Ealing school reps agreed unanimously to organise a school union meeting and win its approval. Finally this motion has been adopted by West London NEU Districts. It has already been passed in a few Brent schools. Harrow and Hounslow are strongly promoting this motion too. Many Ealing schools have set up meetings for this motion. Join the campaign to support our at risk colleagues. No-one should have to go to work and fear being hospitalised or worse dying!
Committing your school alongside many other schools to collective action in support of our at risk staff will have a massive impact on politicians locally and nationally and thus help save lives!
Below is the motion and speakers notes that can be used to motivate members. Not got a school rep? Then please contact Stefan Simms Ealing NEU on 07817 643 546. Could you be a Covid rep?
2. Please Sign The Open Letter To Sadiq Khan Mayor of London.
This petition is an absolute priority please sign it.
Here is the link for you to sign this open letter. Please encourage all staff not just NEU members to sign it. This is a London NEU initiative. Petitions do work, look at the intense pressure the Government is feeling due to Marcus Rashford’s campaign to extend free school meals.
3. Put Your Views And Questions To Sadiq Khan Tues 10th Nov 5:30 pm London NEU Meeting.
Have your voice heard on education issues such as workload and pay as well as any Covid related issues. Like the petition a well attended meeting will put pressure on local and national politicians to listen and act upon our concerns. Mary Bousted Joint NEU General will also be speaking.
This is a massively important meeting. Please pre- register and attend.
Please register here for the meeting with Sadiq Khan.
4. Government advises ‘Clinically Extremely Vulnerable’ Staff To Work From Home. Plus Pregnant Women In 3rd Trimester
This is welcomed news and a result of the NEU and other groups campaigning. Are you CEV? Please go to Government website to find out, link here.
The RCOG and the NEU advises women in their 3rd trimester to also work from home. This position is also broadly supported by Ealing LA.
The Government does not advise those who live with or care for loved ones who are CEV to work from home. The NEU does and urges all members to support these colleagues by passing the West London School motion.