“Yes good I know it causes; immense stress and anxiety for my pupils, extra workload for me and they affect my Performance Management but;
What would we do instead?
How would the boycott work?
What about my Headteacher?”
Please Invite us into your school; discuss together so we can end SATs and make this campaign a success for the sake of our pupils and ourselves.
Below are; PowerPoint slides on the SATs campaign to be used in a school meeting. Plus links to ‘More Than A Score’ Facebook Page, Ballot details and a Election pledges from Labour & Lib’ Dem’s if elected.
NEU PowerPoint on SATs & High Stakes Testing Too Much Testing ballot meeting presentation
NEU Indicative Ballot Details
The NEU indicative ballot will include all members working in primary schools.
- The indicative ballot will be conducted online
- The ballot will begin on June 4th and run for about four weeks
- The ballot will have two questions, along these lines:
- Do you support the union continuing to campaign for the abolition of SATs and league tables?
- If the union balloted you in the next school year would you refuse to administer statutory tests and refuse to prepare children for them?
- The NEU Executive will use the results of the indicative ballot to decide on whether to move to a formal ballot – therefore, every vote is vital, and we urge all primary members to vote.
What Will Labour & Lib Dems Do If Elected?
- End SATs, Tuitiuon Fees, Academies & Free Schools
- Give 30 hours entitlement for 2, 3 & 4 year olds – Sure Start Centres
- Create the ‘National Education Service’ Like the NHS where all will be entitled to “life-long learning”
- Create the ‘Arts Pupil Premium’ where all pupils will be able to study art, music, dance, drama, go to museums, & art galleries. This will broaden the curriculum and ensure a minimum time for these subjects
- End the recent anti-trade union laws and bring back national bargaining
Lib Dems’ Will:
- End League Tables, SATs & Ofsted